Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award

Wow!  My little blog has been incredibly blessed and honored this week by being nominated for the Liebster Blog Award.  Before I could meet my obligations as a nominee I was nominated two more times.  Thank you so much to The Read Box, Ramona Recommends, and Engaging Elementary!
The Liebster Award is presented to upcoming blog authors with less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German words meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, and beloved and that is exactly how my readers and the other teacher bloggers in this community have made me feel.

How does it work?

  1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
  2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
  3. Answer the questions asked of me by my nominator.
  4. Share 11 random facts about myself.
  5. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
  6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them.  


Questions from my nominators:

1. What TPT item are you most proud of?
I'm most proud of my "Would You Rather..." Opinion Writing Unit.  First, I worked VERY hard on it.  A lot of late nights, early mornings, and all-day-in-my-pajamas days were put into it.  Second, it was so much fun to teach to my own class.  I wanted to share that excitement and joy with other teachers and students.  Third, the artwork on the cover was a lot of fun for me.  I wanted it to look different than other products out there.  
2. If you were a character from a TV show, who would you be and why?
Sarah from Parenthood.  She reminds me of myself in that she is a bit of a free spirit.  
3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Crunch and Munch...  I'm a bit addicted to it right now.  My husband started buying me smaller boxes so cuz I can't stop eating until the box is empty.  :)
4. If you were stranded on an island, who would you need there with you?
Nobody, I'd enjoy the peace and quiet... the waves, the breeze, the sunshine...  until I went crazy and then I'd turn a coconut into a my imaginary friend. 
5. What was your biggest mistake/regret in teaching?
That I didn't learn Spanish.  
6. What made you decide to enter blog world?
I've been interested for a very long time, but this last winter I decided to become a teacher author for TpT and all the advice said "start a blog".  I love writing and sharing what I am doing in class.  
7. What is your favorite childhood memories?
Playing with my cousins and childhood friends outside... no cell phones, no electronic devices...  just bugs, sticks, mud pies, and making memories.  
8. Who is your hero?
The teachers I work with are my heroes.  They do their best to do what's best for children despite state and district mandates, high stakes testing, HUGE class sizes, dwindling budget, and less and less time.   
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
Anywhere tropical
10. You're a superhero! What super power do you think you would be given?
Patience...  Sometimes the most powerful thing is to listen and be patient.
11. If you could change one thing about the world...what would it be?
All the animals in the animal shelters.  This breaks my heart.  They are totally innocent babes with no control of their own situations.  We put them there.  I'll cry just writing about it.  

11 Random Facts about Me
1.  As you probably guessed from my response above...  I'm a huge animal lover.
2.  I leave my shoes all over the place.  It drives my husband crazy!
3.  I'm addicted to my technology. I used to think I WOULD NEVER be one of those people on their phone in a restaurant...  How rude.  Um....  never say never!
4.  I've lost 25 pound on the 5:2 diet.  The best diet ever!  (you said random!)
5.  I have a 12 year old dog who has diabetes and is blind.  Its really sad until she does something funny.  
6.  I should have been an actor or a stand up comedian... I think I'm that funny.  
7.  I own my own bowling shoes, bowling bag, and bowling ball and I rarely bowl. 
8.  I'd wear my bowling shoes all the time if I could... they are that cute and comfortable.  
9.  I'm a DIYer.  I built a catio and a cabinet cat litter box.  Someday I'll have to blog about those projects.  
10.  I hate canned mushrooms and mushroom soup.  My stepmom use to cook spaghetti noodles with mushroom soup when I was a kid... worst dinner ever!
11.  I'm a runner... again.  Looking toward a 10k this spring or summer.  


My Questions to my Nominees:
1. What TPT item are you most proud of?
2. If you were a character from a movie, who would you be and why?
3. What is your least favorite food and why?
4. If you were stranded on an island, what would you need there with you?
5. What was your biggest mistake/regret in teaching?
6. What made you decide to enter blog world?
7. What is your favorite childhood memories?
8. Who is your hero?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
10. You're a superhero! What super power do you think you would be given?
11. If you could change one thing about the world...what would it be?

Nominees: Your creativity, insight, and ideas are an inspiration to me on this blogging journey.  I read your blogs and am motivated to do more, be more, and blog more.  :)  Thank you for your contribution to the blogging world!

Comment and let me know if you accept, so I can come read all of your posts/questions. If you accept this nomination, put the Liebster award on your site, nominate 5-12 others, answer my questions to you, list 11 facts about yourself, and create new questions for your nominees!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy,
    I'm soooo excited you nominated me for the Liebster Award! That is such a cool thing! I totally accept the nomination and will get all the questions answered over the next couple of days. Thank you so much for liking my blog! LeAnn 4thgrade4ever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how excited I am to be nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much!! I absolutely accept the nomination and will answer all of the questions. Thanks for liking my blog and supporting me

    Thank you!

    Monica
    ncteacherchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete